With over 30 years’ experience in the materials handling business, here at LB Foster Materials Handling we know the effect that downtime for repairs and maintenance can have on delivery and financial targets. Therefore we offer comprehensive spares supply, preventative breakdown service and maintenance contracts.
Our service engineers are product trained, fully skilled and equipped to carry out maintenance and repair work on materials handling equipment. As we are aware that our customers have varied requirements, depending on their equipment and needs, we are pleased to offer a broad spectrum of service contacts.
1) Health Check – The health check package provides the customer with an opportunity to have an engineer visit and inspect the materials handling installation to check that their equipment is in good working order.
2) Annual Service Visits – Annual service visits provides the client with a scheduled, full annual service of their equipment and a report on its condition. This is a preventative maintenance package which increases the quality and reliability of your equipment.
If our inspection shows that parts need changing and adjustments are necessary for the continuation of optimum equipment performance, this work will be carried out at no extra change. This is dependent on whether parts are available to the LB Foster engineer on site and they can be fitted within the time allocated for the visit.
3) The Crown Service Contract – This provides a complete service agreement for one or more years with at least two visits per year, depending on the size and complexity of the system.
This involves LB Foster’s trained engineers visiting your site and carrying out a full survey and service to your system, up to four times a year, as required. The service would include tensioning, drive refurbishment, tracking and a general inspection of your system for any worn or damaged components, with a report recommending any further action that may be required.
In addition to the servicing, Crown Service Contract clients benefit further with the inclusion of a priority call out scheme with discount on spares purchased from LB Foster Materials Handling.
Additional services available from the service and maintenance team include:
1) Racking Inspection – Racking inspections can be carried out by our engineers and a ‘Condition and Recommendations’ report will then be issued. Alternatively, a full insurance compliant inspection by a Storage Equipment Manufacturers’ Association (SEMA) approved inspector can be arranged.
2) Spare Parts – In addition to servicing and health checks, LB Foster Materials Handling offers a full range of spare parts, should you wish to hold any stock of your own. These parts can be supplied for your own maintenance engineers to fit or we can offer a fitting service, where our qualified engineer will attend your site and carry out the fitting or refurbishment.