1) “Do LB Foster Materials Handling offer the best price available?”
At LB Foster Materials Handling we strive to provide the best solution at the right price, based on the customer’s specific needs. Of course, it’s important to remember that the cheapest solution may not always be the best; it’s all about the added value delivered by the project. So whilst the cost of a bespoke solution may initially seem high, it is vital to consider its ‘lifetime’ value. We believe in agreeing a realistic price for a project, one that delivers value to the customer and enables us to continue to develop the best solutions available.
2) “What are the lead times for projects at LB Foster Materials Handling?”
Customers frequently ask us what the lead times are for their projects and ultimately, the answer is, “It all depends.” Once an order has been placed, our goal is to ensure that we hit the initial delivery date. It is however important, we believe, to remain flexible, as sometimes an improved solution may be identified as the project develops and it is key to us that the customer gets exactly the right solution. If changes are required, the project plan which is created for each project, would be reviewed with the client to establish any adjustments to the proposed project timing.
3) “What are LB Foster Materials Handling’s payment terms and conditions?”
Here at LB Foster Materials Handling, we understand the importance of a business investing wisely. Therefore we are pleased to offer flexible and personable solutions for payment methods. After the initial quote, we will detail the payment terms and conditions. If these are not suitable, however, we are open to discuss finance options.
4) “What products do LB Foster Materials Handling sell?”
We provide a large range of products and services for your materials handling needs, with a focus on automation/conveyors including:
- Overhead conveyors – Power Conveyors, Power and Free Conveyors, Manual Conveyors, Electrified Monorail Conveyors, Overhead Garment Conveyors.
- Floor Conveyors – Powered Roller Conveyors, Gravity Conveyors, Belt Conveyors, Chain Conveyors, Pallet Conveyors, Trolley Conveyors and Flexible Conveyors.
- Vehicle Loading – Fixed Vehicle Loaders (Telescopic Booms) and Mobile Vehicle Loaders.
- Garment Handling and Storage – Garment Conveyors, Garment Loading/Unloading and Hanging Garment Racking.
- Racking and Shelving – Racking Systems and Shelving Systems.
- Robotic Solutions.
- Dunnage Systems.
- Mezzanine Floors.
- Control Systems.
- Maintenance and Spares.
5) “Do LB Foster manufacture their products in-house?”
At LB Foster Materials Handling we have the flexibility to manufacture in-house or integrate/buy-in standard equipment. The decision on which route to take is based on several factors including cost, performance and specification. This is one of our great strengths at LB Foster, not only do we have the option to do both, but we base our decision around the customer’s specific needs.
6) “Does LB Foster Materials Handling have the capability to handle large projects?”
The size of the projects that we are able to deal with is a credit to both the company’s personnel and our management teams. Without their high level of control and project management, the solutions would not be so successful. Over the years we have worked on many major installations for companies such as Diageo, the Lear Corporation, Clipper Logistics, Dimensions and Caterpillar. Ultimately, we have the flexibility in both skills and management to deliver successful results on any project size.
7) “Where can I find examples of LB Foster Materials Handling’s previous work?”
The LB Foster Materials Handling website has a comprehensive collection of case studies which you may browse online. They illustrate a range of different project sizes and types presented by industry and covering all of the company’s products.
8) “What maintenance and support do LB Foster Materials Handling offer?”
With over 30 years’ experience in the materials handling business, here at LB Foster Materials Handling we know the effect that downtime for repairs and maintenance can have on delivery and financial targets. Therefore we offer a comprehensive spares supply, preventative breakdown service and maintenance contracts scheme.
We are also pleased to offer several service contacts with varying levels, depending on the equipment and the needs of the customer:
- Health Check – The health check package provides the customer with an opportunity to have an engineer visit and inspect the site and equipment, for peace of mind that their equipment is in good working order.
- Annual Service Visits – Annual service visits provide the client with a scheduled, full annual service of their equipment and along with a report on the condition of their equipment. This is a preventative maintenance package which increases the quality and reliability of your equipment.
- The Crown Service Contract – This provides a complete service agreement for one or more years with at least two visits, per year, depending on the size and complexity of the system. In addition to the servicing, Crown Service Contract clients will benefit further with the inclusion in a priority call out scheme with discount on spares purchased from LB Foster Materials Handling.
9) What technology and controls systems do LB Foster Materials Handling use?
At LB Foster Materials Handling, we ensure that our automated schemes feature a robust and reliable control system. The systems we install work hard for your business to get the job done by the most effective means. All control systems are designed and manufactured in-house at our Leicester facility by our team of experienced software and electrical engineers. Electrical installation and commissioning forms part of our turnkey service.